- link_rel_parser - PHP
head_http_rels($url) - HTTP header string parser for RFC5988 Link: rels (including
X-Pingback) & function to curl a HEAD request and parse it all in one.
- phpish/link_header - PHP Link header (RFC 5988) parser
- PEAR: HTTP2 - PHP Link header (RFC 5988) parser (documentation)
- ronkyuu - Python client library and command-line tools
Some open source publishing software supports Webmention.
- Known personal publishing software sends webmentions and accepts webmention comments (including webmention updates), and likes
- FrancisCMS personal publishing software similarly sends and receives
- WWWTech personal publishing software similarly sends and receives
- phorkie sends and accepts webmentions to notify remote instances about forks
Some additional publishing software, portions of which are open source, supports webmentions:
- p3k sends and receives webmentions for all posts
Plugins exist for some open source publishing software
* Nucleus CMS
* Craft CMS
- Webmention Rocks! is a Webmention validator which helps you debug your webmention sending. It will provide detailed error messages to help you successfully send a Webmention, and will show your comment on the website when it's successfully processed.
- node-webmention-testpinger is a tool to ping your site with a variety of Webmention markup. Contains copies of a couple of real world examples of mentions that it enables you to ping locally to a development copy of your site.
- node-webmention-testendpoint is tool to test your Webmention client. Generates a demo-post and a demo-endpoint to test if your client parses the webmention-endpoint correctly and to check if the ping body is transmitted correctly.
- stapibas is a self-hosted service to send and receive Webmentions for websites and blogs. It can be used to send out Webmentions and Pingbacks for new posts on static sites.
- A Firefox Add-On which allows you to send Webmentions via a context menu
- brid.gy is a service that sends Webmentions for comments/replies, likes, and reposts on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram posts. It uses original post discovery to find target links for the Webmentions. GitHub repo here.
- Checkmention lets you test your Webmention implementation on your indieweb site, and whether it robustly detects certain types of XSS attacks. It also allows you to test for authorship spoofing.
- mention-tech is a service that can receive Webmentions on behalf of anyone via both Webmention directly, and a web form on its home page.
- webmention.io is an open-source project and hosted service for receiving Webmentions and Pingbacks on behalf of your IndieWeb site.
- Telegraph is an open-source project and hosted service for sending Webmentions and Pingbacks.